RJ O,Brien and Associates, LLC is a privately held business owned by the O’Brien family of Chicago. For many years, the O’Brien’s have been involved in the development of the futures industry and are committed to the continued growth of the company.
Founded in 1914, RJO is one of the oldest and best known independent Futures Commission Merchants in the country. The company maintains a strong and stable capital base of approximately $190 million and revenue base of about $275 million. RJO customer assets are approximately $2.8 billion. The firm is a founding member of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and is a full clearing member of the CME Group (including the Chicago Board of Trade and New York Mercantile Exchange); ICE; NYSE Liffe and Chicago Climate Exchange. RJO offers clearing and 24-hour futures execution services on nearly every futures exchange worldwide.
Place in the Market
- RJO is a large well-diversified fully integrated FCM.
- The customer base includes some of the largest institutions in the world.
- R.J. O’Brien regularly captures top tier market share in both agriculture and financial futures products at both Chicago exchanges.
- R.J. O’Brien has been the market share leader in the agricultural sector at the CME for over a decade.
- The firm does not use any of its capital for proprietary trading. The firm’s capital is strictly for the protection of its customers and is not leveraged in any fashion.
- RJO is proud to say that they have not incurred a material loss, whether credit or otherwise, in the history of the firm.
- The combination of quality clients and a very active risk management team additionally insures the safety of our customers’ assets as well as the capital base of the firm.
Customer service and technology support
- RJO has a dedicated Client Services Department and Introducing Brokers to assist clients with RJO procedures, industry issues, and IT support.
- Proprietary core technology products are available for order entry and account viewing/analysis. These include: RJO Vantage, Web Order Entry, and RJO Connect with Online Query, Risk Analyzer and Report Grabber. These products are available to the customer at no additional cost. In additon, RJO has entered into agreements with the industry’s most notable Independent Software Vendors to round out RJO’s product suite. These products are available to all clients as a fee based alternative to RJO’s free proprietary offerings.
- Customer daily statements are available for download from the website or sent via email.
- RJO maintains fully staffed trading desks on the floors of the CME Group. Additionally, there is 24-hour market coverage available for electronic and pit traded products through the off-floor, Global Order Desk, covering every futures exchange, worldwide.
- A free research center on the RJO website including “squawk-box” commentary is available. Additionally, the RJO Market Research and Trading (RJOMRT) website provides technical and fundamental analysis that is updated to blog posts as pertinent market movements dictate, offering in-depth reports, webcasts, trading strategies, and educational webinars for a monthly subscription fee.
- RJO FX is available to customers for electronic foreign exchange trading.
RJ O’Brien is committed to people, ideas, vision, and leadership. We continue our journey with great enthusiasm for the bright future that lies ahead.